Monday, June 11, 2007

Transmission mount nightmare

As I wrote before, that weekend I've started to feel sick. Having no idea why I feel so tired, started to work on torn transmission mount:
One more thing I have noticed, that due to complications when mounting engine, it sits a bit at the angle, and "rests" on this poor rubber mount. I think that's why it failed (it was orginal VAG part). So I had hard choice - used orginal mount, new non orginal mount (rubbish, but expensive), and fabricate my own. Yes, from ice hockey things :).
This is not my idea BTW. I've read about such way of doing it in some nordic audi forum. So I took some aluminium and started to fabricate mount:
After measuring it underneath the car (and working on ladder) I started to feel so badly, that stopped working, and went home.

No comments: